How To Become An Extension Master Food Volunteer
Are you passionate about supporting the health of your community?
The NC State Extension Master Food Volunteer (EMFV) program provides NC residents the opportunity to engage with their communities by supporting programming from the N.C. Cooperative Extension in Madison, Yancey, and Mitchell Counties in the areas of nutrition, cooking, and local foods. N.C. Cooperative Extension provides evidence-based information through community classes and events. The EMFV program works with volunteers to pair their strengths and interests with community needs.
Opportunities for Service
- Cooking demonstrations
- Educational displays at health fairs and community events
- Youth and adult cooking/nutrition programs
- Marketing and communications
- Community health coalitions
- Nutrition education with faith-based groups
- Local foods promotion
- And more!
What is Expected?
- Complete the EMFV application (please see link below)
- Complete mandatory 30 hours of training
- Communicate volunteer interests that suit your skills to your supervising agent
- Contribute 30 hours of shadowing your supervising agent within the first year of service
- Contribute 20 hours of service per year, and 10 hours of continuing education
- Registration cost: $ 30 . 00
- Training Begins: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 (please see link below for flyer)
Anyone interested in cooking, nutrition, food safety, or food systems can apply!