2019 Winter Vegetable School & Annual Tomato Growers Meeting
Location: Crowne Plaza Resort, Asheville, NC
Cost: $40 per person with pre-registration prior to February 7. Registration at the door is $50.
Registration Required: Register online
Conference Contact: To exhibit or sponsor, or for more information, contact Ellen Moss at 828-685-3989, email@example.com.
Please include our event in the calendar of your organization.
Description: This is the largest commercial vegetable grower event in the region with a high-quality educational program put together by vegetable extension specialist/agents at NC State Extension. There will also be a trade show and a fundraiser that supports student scholarships. The program will include presentations on many different topics to help vegetable growers.
- Management of Foliar Diseases of Tomato
- Using Chemigation to Manage Phytophthora Blight
- Breeding for Late Blight Resistance and Tolerance to Bacterial Spot and Verticillium Wilt
- Evaluation of Tomato Lines for Late Blight Resistance
- Flavonoids in Tomato
- Evaluation of Insecticides for Key Pests of Fruiting Vegetable Crops
- Native Natural Enemies on Biological Control of Brown Marmorated Stink Bug
- Growing Industrial Hemp for Cannabinoids in Western North Carolina
- PLUS MORE!
There will be a sponsored lunch and awards program at noon on Thursday. Pesticide credits will be offered.