Are You a Landscaper or Dealer Needing Pesticide Credits and / or Contractors Credits?… Check This Out!!!
The 2019 Madison County Landscape Pesticide Class will be held on December 3, 2019, at the N.C. Cooperative Extension, Madison County Center from 9 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
The following options are available:
1. Farmers and Landscapers only needing Private Pesticide Credits for “X” category can attend the morning session and pay $5 at the door (lunch not included).
2. Utility workers needing Right of Way credits can attend the morning session and receive 2 hours of “H” credit and pay $5 at the door (lunch not included).
3. Landscapers and dealers needing commercial pesticide credits can receive the following credits: D: 4, I: 2, L:4, N:4. Class is from 8:30 a.m.–2 p.m., registration is $18 which includes a BBQ Lunch. Register online.
4. Landscapers needing Contractor credits can receive 4 hours of technical Landscape credits and 1 business credit. Class is from 8:30 a.m.–2 p.m., registration is $18 which includes a BBQ lunch. Register online. To register, click on this link (pesticide credits listed in #3 will be granted as well).
5. Landscapers only needing Contractor Business credits can register separately for Cliff Ruth’s: Basic Safety Concepts for Landscape Contractors. This class is from 3:30–5:30 p.m. Register online.
The full day’s agenda is as follows:
8:30 a.m. – Registration sign in and coffee
9–10 a.m. – Toby Obenauer: Herbicide Efficiency Through Application and Weed Control
10–11 a.m. – Amanda Taylor: Diseased of Landscape Annuals and Their Control
11 a.m.-noon – Anthony LeBude: Glyphosate and Alternatives
Noon–1 p.m. – LUNCH
1–2 p.m. – Sam Marshall: Fire Ants and Emerging Insects
2–3 p.m. – Ross Young: Chain Saw Safety
3:30–5:30 p.m. – Cliff Ruth: Basic Safety Concepts for Landscape Contractors
To register, click on the Eventbrite link for the session(s) you want to sign-up for or if you don’t have access to register online please call 828-649-2411. ***Note: If you are only interested in the “X” credits (8:30 a.m.-noon), registration through Eventbrite isn’t required but you will need to pay $5 at the door. Lunch not included.