Food Preservation Made Easy!
Find this article at:
Learn to preserve your own food using the most recent evidence-based information to assure a safe, quality product for you and your family.
About this Event
- Learn more about canning or just brush up on the latest evidence-based information on food preservation from canning to freezing to drying by virtually attending Food Preservation Made Easy!
- This FREE five-class series is an introduction to canning (water bath and pressure canning), drying, and freezing.
- Classes will meet via *Zoom on Tuesdays
- April 21–May 19, 2020, from 11 a.m.–noon
- The live classes will feature presentations and demonstrations by N.C. Cooperative Extension Family & Consumer Science Extension agents, questions and answer sessions, and links to evidence-based resources.
- Sessions will be recorded for later viewing if needed, but live participation is encouraged.
- *Zoom is accessible via computer, phone, or tablet (visit the Zoom Help Center for Frequently Asked Questions and information on how to get started: Zoom Help Center)
- April 21: Introduction to Food Preservation
- April 28: Freezing
- May 5: Water Bath Canning
- May 12: Pressure Canning
- May 19: Dehydrating
- This class is presented in partnership by N.C. Cooperative Extension in Buncombe, Haywood, Madison, McDowell, and Yancey Counties. Anyone is welcome to join us!
- * Register online