Grants, Plants, & Webinars!
Meat & Produce Donations
Learn How to Donate
Visit NC Farms
- A federal program to pay unemployment benefits to self-employed individuals and independent contractors should go live in North Carolina on Friday. This will let people who aren’t typically eligible for benefits draw down weekly payments backed by the federal government. Learn more. Self-employed, independent contractors can apply for unemployment on Friday.
- The Small Business Administration had not updated its website to accept new applications. Click to learn more and stay vigilant to get your place in line if you have not already submitted your applications.Payroll Protection Program (PPP) – What you need to know now. Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program (EIDL)
- Grant opportunities for farms.
- RAFI-USA will be offering emergency mini-grants for farmers who have experienced a drastic loss of income as a result of the virus and need immediate assistance for household expenses. Please sign up by April 26 to receive updates. Read more about this mini-grants program.
- The American Farmland Trust’s Farmer Relief Fund has information on how to donate and how to receive funding.
2020 Webinars – ALL FREE
- Livestock Webinar Series: Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. – Register Online
- Piedmont Regional Goat & Sheep Conference Webinar Series: Tuesday’s at 6:30 p.m. – Register Online
- Small Fruit and Tree Fruit: May 6, 2 p.m. – Register Online
- Backyard Poultry: May 13, 2 p.m. – Register Online
- Small Ruminant: May 15, 1 p.m. – Register Online
- Soil Testing: May 20, 3 p.m. – Register online
The North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Marketing Division, with support from Warren County Economic Development, is offering a free six-part webinar series on Social Media for Farmers. Kristen Baughman Taber, founder of Tabletop Media Group, will present from noon – 1 p.m. on the following topics:
May 12 Facebook
Today we’ll make sure your business is set for success on Facebook! We’ll go over how to “go live” on Facebook, walk through how to create a Facebook ad, and the power of using video on this platform. This class is not an introduction to Facebook and assumes participants have a basic knowledge of the platform.
May 14 Google Business
Does your farm have a Google Business page? We’ll walk you through how to set up this free service, use Google Analytics from your business page, how to create successful Google Business posts, and create special offers for your customers.
May 19 Using your Smartphone to Create Video
You likely keep a powerful video tool in your pocket every day! Learn how to use your smartphone to create quality video content for your social media channels. Plus, we’ll go over some fun video editing tools like FilmoraGo.
May 21 Canva, PicMonkey and Photo Tips
You’ve taken a decent photo on your smartphone, but now what? Let’s walk through quick tricks and tips for editing those photos. We’ll also discuss how to create flyers and graphics to use on social media using Canva and PicMonkey.