Pumpkin Bites and Did You Know?
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 8 pinches of salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Pulse all ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a food processor until well-mixed. Add chocolate chips and pulse a few more times until they are in small pieces. Scoop mixture and roll into balls. Freeze until solid and store in the freezer or refrigerate.
Did You Know?
- Over 1.5 billion pounds of pumpkin are produced each year in the United States?
- The top pumpkin-producing states are Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and California?
- Each pumpkin has about 500 seeds?
- The world’s heaviest pumpkin weighed over 2,600 pounds?
- Pumpkin is very nutritious and low in calories?
- Big pumpkins are best for carving; small pumpkins are best for cooking?
For a delish and healthy pumpkin treat, try Pumpkin Bites and remember to support your local pumpkin patch.
- In Yancey County, stop by Davis Farm to pick out that perfect pumpkin! Booooooo!