Butchery Basics for Home Consumers: Take Two
Presenters: Ross Flynn, Left Bank Butchery; Lee Menius, NC Choices
Description: Join Butcher Ross Flynn of Left Bank Butchery, and NC Choices’ Lee Menius, as they walk you through a “Butchery Basics for Home Consumers” demonstration. This two-hour training is geared toward home consumers or novice meat cutters with little to no meat cutting experience interested in breaking down a carcass in their home kitchen.
Topics will include:
- Proper safety and handling of carcasses
- Home set-up and tools needed
- Step-by-step breakdown of a pig carcass
- Intro to the basics of grinding & sausage making
- Cutting tips for what to do when you’ve lost your way
- Practical storing and wrapping
Nomenclature will be compared across species, so this demonstration is not just limited to hog producers. Please note this is a recorded Zoom demonstration with live chat for questions and answers.
The Zoom link will be sent via email on February 10, 2021.
Register through Eventbrite or call Rebecca Bradley at 828-649-2411.